Sunday, February 16, 2014

Mason Jar Salads for the Week- Greek Salad, California Orange Salad and Glowing Green Salad

So my hubby and I have been eating chicken with salad each night. He usually does the preparing and chopping and it takes him quite a bit of time each night. So this weekend we decided to try the mason jar salads. I made 10 quart size jars and 4 different salad types. I am including the pictures and the links to the sites I found them from.

Note: I added a small piece of folded paper towel to the top of the greens before closing the jar. TO preserve the salads longer.  I'll update and let you know how they tasted and lasted.

Greek Chicken Salad in a Jar
The greek salad recipe is from this site:http://moneysavingsecretsblog.com/recipes/mason-jar-greek-chicken-salad-recipe/      I added Kalamata olives to the jars as well.



Glowing Green Salad with Avocado Vinaigrette
I didn't have Kiwis or Green apples so I added red apples. I made a jar of the vinaigrette it says it will keep for a week.



 California Orange Salad with Gorgonzola

I didn't have raisins so I added dried cranberries instead. Instead of blue cheese I added gorgonzola and I added chopped strawberries.
I also made my own salad dressing. Whisk together  balsamic vinegar, olive oil, a bit of lemon, a tablespoon of honey, salt and pepper. 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for featuring my Glowing Green Salad. I hope that you enjoyed it! ~Amy Waldo www.producewithamy.com

    ReplyDelete